Faith in Action: let's get some more of it

Through our reading, from talks of prison to martyrdom, one thought continues to possess my mind. Why can't I be this proactive in my faith? Why do I treat it as some sort of golden ticket or perk to my life? I live in such a way where I constantly take so much for granted, and as I read of the struggles these people are experiencing I can't help by be discontent with my current lifestyle. They've risked their lives to encourage there fellow Christians in the community they are a part of, and I won't even go serve at a comfortable organized local outreach. This is not me trying to call out the church or Christians. This is me calling out myself. Despite poverty, hunger, and illness they pursue to share their faith and encourage there brothers in Christ. They speak of comfort, of a "sunlit mountain far away" that they experience before torture and persecution. It seems that God has given them peace so evident in the actions of these Christians and it appears very clear that Christ is with them as they serve Him fully committing there lives to His mission. Based on the circumstance of these people it really does seem like a great call to put things in perspective and to further seek out showing other people Jesus instead of just thinking Christianity is no more than struggling in my individual walk with God.


Commented on Cade and Addison

Comments

Ezra Kennedy said…
A light way to put it would be: “they starved, endured torture, and died, so we could have it easier.” They fought desperately to proclaim their faith and to show it in their works to the greatest extent not to set the standard but Because the times were “harder” so to speak and they wanted desperately to do what they could to put us on a better path. To shape the world into a more polished form. We should do that as well, but the way we do it may not always look just like theirs.