The Wasteland // Abbie Hedden

 appreciate the first section of The Burial of the Dead the most. It focus on nature's nuances, which is something that always clicks with me in literature. I personally have always felt a draw to nature, and yet am appalled by its less redeemable features. For example, I idealize walking in the woods, but every time I venture to them, the sun beats down, the mosquitoes buzz in my ears, and I frown with the realization that it isn't as romantic as I had hoped. It seems that the voice who describes the month of April asks to be heard, but is either afraid or unable to be. There is a similarity between the paradox of nature - the beauty that must be seen from a distance - and the paradox of a tale to be told that cannot be.


I commented on Luke and Logan's posts

Comments