One Big Question Mark?- Zane Duke

To be completely honest, friends, I found this book to be astoundingly anticlimactic to my expectations. Yes, it's weird, almost as if it's some sort of drawn out dream, but not as weird as I expected it to be. Maybe we haven't really gotten to the weird stuff yet after all. I need to know who the other person is in Isaro's life, and I also need to know why on earth Niko is living with monkeys in a cave, and whether or not he is really an insane person. Nevertheless, it's a very reflective and somewhat enjoyable reading so far, and I hope you, my classmates feel the same.


I commented on Osten and Rachel's posts.

Comments

Unknown said…
I honestly agree with you that this is very convoluted in its wording. It is extremely difficult to try and figure out what the actual heck is happening, but I'm sure the answers will come in due time.
I'm feeling the same way, friend. I had several different levels of expectation for this novel and so far none of them have been met. I think it's stranger than you seem to, though, which I credit to my general lack of imagination. I'm having a hard time discerning when things are happening and what is actually happening in general at all. Hopefully as we read more we will also understand more!